We are about to say goodbye to the first month of the new year, but the WHF-PA Communications Committee would like to say hello to new mentoring opportunities! January is National Mentoring Month and what better way to support the mission of Women in Housing and Finance of Pennsylvania than to sign up to become a mentor!
We are looking for interested mentors who have knowledge and experience in the industry who are willing to let the WHF-PA membership know of your openness to mentor. Once we have our mentor volunteer list, it will be shared with WHF-PA membership so that a member may contact you.
- Encourage the exploration of ideas and risk taking in learning
- Provide appropriate and timely advice
- Serve as a confident for work-related issues
- Help mentee to shift his/her mental context
- Suggest appropriate skills training
- Serve as a source of information and resources
If interested, send your name, title, organization, preferred contact (email or phone) and a brief bio on your housing and finance experience that we can share with members. Please respond to Megan Krider by February 14.
“I think mentors are important and I don’t think anybody makes it in the world without some form of mentorship. Nobody makes it alone. Nobody has made it alone. And we are all mentors to people even when we don’t know it.” – Oprah Winfrey