POSITION: SENIOR PROJECT MANAGER
FIRM: MULLIN & LONERGAN ASSOCIATES
M&L Associates is a small housing and community development consulting firm with offices in Pittsburgh and Mechanicsburg, PA searching for an energetic and highly organized professional with an engaging and dynamic personality and who shares M&L’s commitment to fair housing, equity, inclusion, and planning for the public good. This individual will assist in managing our significant portfolio of local government clients across the U.S. The work primarily involves providing grant administration services to client communities in more than 20 states. Focus is on the programs administered by the US Department of Housing & Urban Development and include the Community Development Block Grant, Emergency Solutions Grant, HOME and HOME-ARP programs, among others.
- Master’s degree with 3-5 years of experience in local government work preferred with strong interest in public sector or public administration
- Knowledge of housing policy, policy implementation, community development and planning, federal housing legislation and implementing regulations, or analysis of housing data and research is helpful
- Experience with administration of local government grant programs related to housing, community development, or homelessness
- Proficiency in Word, Excel and PowerPoint required
- Ability to work independently and on team projects
- Meeting facilitation and presentation skills
- Strong, effective communication skills, both verbal and written
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to carry out assignments within the context of benchmarks and deliverables
- Ability to work independently and take the lead on team projects
- Self-motivation with the ability to identify client needs and offer solutions
- Time management skills for organizing multiple deadlines and multiple clients
- Ability to conduct oneself professionally and collaborate with clients on program planning, management, budgeting, etc.
- Ability to relate positively to local government employees and elected officials
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist clients with planning for their annual program year activities funded through HUD
- Develop documents associated with HUD’s Community Development & Planning Programs, such as Consolidated Plans, Analyses of Impediments to Fair Housing Choice, HOME-ARP Allocation Plans and more
- Provide technical assistance for clients (states, counties, and other units of local government) that receive federal and state funding, including program administration, development of policy and procedure manuals, preparation of environmental reviews, and annual reporting requirements
- Participate in staff meetings and training sessions
- Collaborate with client communities within the local context of their community needs related to affordable housing and community development
- Manage a team of professional staff to assist in completing assignments associated with local government clients
- Travel to meet with clients for required meetings, public hearings, staff training, etc.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned
This is a full-time position with a competitive salary and a full benefits package, including 401-K profit sharing, health insurance, disability insurance, and paid vacation and sick time. Actual compensation package will be commensurate with the candidate’s experience and abilities. E-mail submission of a letter of interest and your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
M&L is an Equal Employment Opportunity company and does not discriminate against any person in employment regard to race, color, sex, age, ancestry, national origin, religious creed, marital status, having a GED rather than a high school diploma, handicap or disability, the use of a guide or support animal for disability, relationship to a person with a disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status or housing status.