POSITION: HOUSING & COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT SPECIALIST
FIRM: MULLIN & LONERGAN ASSOCIATES
M&L Associates is a small housing and community development consulting firm with offices in Pittsburgh and Mechanicsburg, PA searching for an energetic and highly organized professional with an engaging and dynamic personality and who shares M&L’s commitment to fair housing, equity, inclusion, and planning for the public good. We are searching for an energetic individual with an engaging and dynamic personality to service our housing and community development clients across the U.S. The work primarily involves providing local government grant administration services to clients in more than 20 states. Focus is on the programs administered by the US Department of Housing & Urban Development and include the Community Development Block Grant, Emergency Solutions Grant, HOME and HOME-ARP programs.
- 2-3 years of experience with state and/or federal grant programs preferred but not required
- Strong interest in public sector or public administration
- Master’s degree preferred but not required
- Strong, effective communication skills, both verbal and written
- Proficiency in Word and Excel
- Strong organizational skills; ability to carry out an assignment within the context of benchmarks and deliverables
- Ability to work independently and on team projects
- Self-motivation with the ability to identify client needs and offer solutions
- Time management skills for organizing multiple deadlines and multiple clients
- Ability to conduct oneself professionally and to collaborate with clients on program planning, management, budgeting, etc.
- Meeting facilitation and presentation skills
- Ability to relate positively to local government employees and elected officials
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist clients with planning for their annual program year activities that are funded through HUD
- Develop documents associated with HUD’s Community Development & Planning Programs, such as Consolidated Plans, Analyses of Impediments to Fair Housing Choice, HOME-ARP Allocation Plans and more
- Provide technical assistance for clients (states, counties, and other units of local government) that receive federal and state funding, including program administration, development of policy and procedure manuals, preparation of environmental reviews, and annual reporting requirements
- Participate in staff meetings and training sessions
- Assist clients with planning for their annual program year activities and requirements
- Travel to meet with clients for required meetings, public hearings, staff training, etc. Some travel will be several days in duration. Currently, interaction with clients is conducted virtually with some in-person meetings.
This is a full-time position with a competitive salary and a full benefits package, including 401-K profit sharing, health insurance, disability insurance, and paid vacation and sick time. Actual compensation package will be commensurate with the candidate’s experience and abilities.
E-mail your letter of interest and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
M&L is an Equal Employment Opportunity company and does not discriminate against any person in employment regard to race, color, sex, age, ancestry, national origin, religious creed, marital status, having a GED rather than a high school diploma, handicap or disability, the use of a guide or support animal for disability, relationship to a person with a disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status or housing status.