The Housing Alliance hosts the 11th Annual Homes Within Reach Conference (“HWR”) November 16-18. The conference promises to offer three days of intense learning, engagement, and revelry with friends old and new. For anyone interested in immersing themselves in Pennsylvania affordable housing, HWR is a premium event!
Every year, I attend top-notch presentations at HWR, and this year will surely be the same. I have reviewed the schedule, and I want to give you my top picks – each panel led by WHF-PA members who are dynamic technicians. Some sessions overlap, but you can’t go wrong if you attend one of the sessions. Go to the links for more information!
MONDAY, November 16
- Title: Triple Bottom Line from Innovation and Design – Session B2: Monday, 4:00PM – 5:15PM
WHF-PA Member – Jaqueline Camp, AIA, LEED AP BD+C ND, Senior Associate, Wallace Roberts & Todd, LLC
- Title: Latest Developments in Low Income Housing Tax Credits – Session B4 Monday, 4:00pm–5:15pm
WHF-PA Member – Laura Northup, Director of Development, Mullin and Lonergan Associates, Inc.
TUESDAY, November 17
- Title: It’s Not Over Until the 8609: Placed in Service Packages and Cost Certifications – Session C3: Tuesday, 9:45am – 11:00am
WHF-PA Members – Chris Paul, Vice President of Development, Diamond and Associates; Sue Belles, PHFA (retired)
- Title: What’s New with RAD – Session C4: Tuesday, 9:45am – 11:00am
WHF-PA Member – Lopa Kolluri, Vice President of Operations, Pennrose Properties, LLC
- Title: What New LIHTC Developers Should Expect (Especially Non Profit Developers) – Session C5: Tuesday, 9:45am – 11:00am
WHF-PA Member – Michelle Yarbrough Korb, Special Counsel, Pepper Hamilton LLP
- Title: Engaging People and Changing Places – Session C11:
WHF-PA Member – Jennifer Lewis, Senior Project Manager, Sherick Project Management
- Title: Acquisition Rehab – Session D4: Tuesday, 11:30AM-12:30PM
WHF-PA Member -Sue McPhedran, Senior Project Manager, Sherick Project Management
- Title: Executive Roundtable: Women in Housing and Finance – Session D7: Tuesday, 11:30AM-12:30PM
**HIGHLY RECOMMENDED: Judee Bavaria, President and CEO, Presbys Inspired Life; Carla Falkenstein, Director of the Western Region, Pennsylvania Housing Finance Agency(PHFA); Wanda Speight, Senior Vice President, Financial Services, PIDC Philadelphia; Kimberly Fry, Kimberly Fry Consulting Service
- Title: Resident Driven Neighborhood Planning – Session D10: Tuesday, 11:30am-12:30PM
WHF-PA Member – Demi Kolke, LSW, Community Development Coordinator, Operation Better Block, Inc.
- Title: Implementing Housing First: Why and How? – Session E10: Tuesday, 3:30PM-4:30PM
WHF-PA Member – Susanne Stone, Principal at Sherick Project Management
WEDNESDAY, November 18
See you Monday!