We know that WHF-PA members regularly attend industry conferences, webinars, and events to support their professional growth. WHF-PA wants to help our members identify networking and professional development opportunities and connect with one another. If you are planning to attend a conference or an event (within or outside of Pennsylvania) in October, please share! In the box under “Leave a Reply” below, you can provide the name and location of an event as well as any pertinent details (e.g., link to website) that may be available. If you’re open to meeting up with other members also attending the event, please include your name and a method for contacting you (e.g., email address) so that may be coordinated. We look forward to seeing you out and about in October!
Pennrose is an industry leader in the development and management of Affordable Housing. We are excited to be hiring for a Manager of Supportive Services for our Pennrose communities.
The Manager of Supportive Services will assist in leading Pennrose Management Company’s (PMC’s) efforts to provide effective and meaningful supportive service initiatives and programs to the individuals that reside in our Pennrose communities. The Manager of Supportive Services will be responsible for directly supervising all on-site Supportive Service Coordinators to ensure that all supportive services programs are in compliance with all state and federal agency requirements and will support all employees or 3rd party providers who are responsible for the delivery of Supportive Services within our Pennrose portfolio.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Directly supervise and provide coaching, counseling, and feedback to assigned Supportive Service Coordinators.
• Coordinates the implementation of supportive service plans and the delivery of needed and appropriate services at all assigned properties.
• Evaluate staff in the delivery of supportive services and provide regular on-site assistance and support to all Supportive Services team members.
• Responsible for continued professional development as well as the continued professional growth of supervised employees.
• Identify, develop, and maintain networks of existing community based supportive and social service agencies for all properties and disseminate information to site managers and supportive services staff.
• Assist in the development of supportive service plans for sites under development as part of the funding application process, to include securing the assistance of existing community based supportive and social agencies in the delivery of services.
• Monitor and meet reporting requirements with all applicable funding sources including submission of monthly reports and annual plans to assure compliance.
• Provide training and support to all staff on supportive service roles and responsibilities.
• Improve knowledge and skills through participation in training sessions, service coordinator trainings and forums, and other professional development opportunities.
Required Education & Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in Social Service or related field.
• Five to six years of experience in Social Service field within a multi-family housing environment.
• Requires a valid driver’s license, an insured vehicle, and the ability to travel regularly (between properties, on-call emergencies, training, etc.)
For additional information and to apply, please visit our website at http://www.pennrose.com
Pennrose is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Since 1982, every year the United States has celebrated women in business on September 22nd. This year feels a bit different with the recent passing of Ruth Bader Ginsburg. She was a pioneer for Women’s Rights and Equality in and outside of the workplace. It is safe to say that our work and achievements in business would be unlikely without the steady and tireless work of Ruth Bader Ginsburg and others like her. As we mourn her passing and reflect on the decades of her work, let’s look to the future and focus on how we can continue to support women and pave the path for the younger generations.
Things you can do to honor National Business Women’s Day:
Seek women-owned businesses in your community that you can support. Intentionally award contracts to women-owned businesses and seek women to speak at events or facilitate seminars.
Joining a women’s group like Women in Housing and Finance of Pennsylvania is an excellent way to broaden your network, bridge ages and professions to give access to a diverse range of voices and experiences.
Are you a member of WHF-PA? Join HERE NOW!
Mentoring provides a safe space for women to openly discuss their ambitions. Women do not engage in self-advocacy nearly as much as they advocate for others. Mentors can also provide personal experience with promotions and career development in general, giving women insight on navigating the process successfully.
Are you interested in finding a mentor or being a mentor? Email us at email@example.com!
Join us for the first WHF-PA Third Thursday Virtual Happy Hour on Thursday, September 17th at 4:30. We will have a brief presentation from Shannon Mowery, Vice President of Supportive Services at Pennrose. She’ll be discussing the activities undertaken by her organization to help assist their clients during the COVID-19 pandemic shutdown.
4:30-4:40 – participants log in
4:40-4:55 – presentation
4:55-5:25 – breakout discussions
5:25-5:30 – wrap up and thanks
We hope you can join us!
Check your email for zoom details and calendar invite. If you’re a member and have not received the invite please email us: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Lenhardt Rodgers, a women-owned firm located in the greater Philadelphia Area, has expanded their leadership team to include three additional principals. Congratulations to WHF-PA members Jackie Patterson and Deborah Seitz for their advancement to this position.
For more information on the three new principals, and Lenhardt Rodgers please view the leadership announcement attached below.