Important Note: During the application process, ensure your contact information (email and phone number) is up to date and upload your current resume prior to submitting your application for consideration. To participate in some selection activities you will need to respond to an invitation. The invitation can be sent by both email and text message. In order to receive text message invitations, your profile must include a mobile phone number designated as “Personal Cell” or “Cellular” in the contact information of your application.
At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Wholesale Banking provides financial solutions to businesses across the United States and globally. Our four major business lines include Corporate & Investment Banking, Commercial Banking, Commercial Real Estate, and Wells Fargo Commercial Capital. We also have groups in credit risk, group risk, finance, marketing, human relations, and the Wholesale Chief Operating Office that support our businesses.
Wholesale Commercial Real Estate (WCRE) operates throughout the United States, as well as Canada and the United Kingdom, to deliver a comprehensive platform of financing and banking products for experienced commercial real estate companies including balance sheet lending, CMBS origination and distribution, loan servicing, agency financing for multifamily properties, and debt and equity capital for affordable housing.
Community Lending and Investment (CLI) is responsible for investing debt and equity capital for economic development, job creation and affordable housing in areas of need nationwide. The vertically integrated group offers a suite of debt and equity products, including Low Income Housing Tax Credits, New Market Tax Credits, construction finance and permanent finance for affordable housing, and Charter School Finance, serving for-profit and non-profit developers and other organizations.
The Commercial Real Estate Relationship Manager 2 position is on the CLI Debt team which provides financing products that include construction and permanent financing of both ground-up development and the acquisition & rehabilitation of existing affordable housing properties. The majority of our financing is structured around the use of the federal Low Income Housing Tax Credit program in addition to federal, state, and local housing subsidies.
Responsibilities for this position include, but are not limited to:
- Regular calling efforts on customers and prospects to solicit opportunities for construction financing and other banking services
- Conducting initial review of new lending opportunities and preparing term sheets and letters of interest
- Underwriting credit requests and complete approval documents and other supporting documentation for new loan requests, extensions and modifications
- Managing and maintaining credit quality of existing loan portfolio
- Completing Quarterly Status Reports using the Portfolio Review Tool (PRT) for each relationship and related loan(s).
- Maintaining credit and entity files in good order according to bank and department standards
- Completing and updating financial reviews for borrowers and guarantors at the time of new credit request and as needed for ongoing relationships
- Coordinating critical path items such as appraisal engagement, costing and engineering reviews, environmental reviews, and credit investigations on new transactions
- Close coordination with internal partners including CLI Equity team members, Loan Administrators and Client Service Managers.
- Keeping the Office Manager (OM) and Credit Supervisor abreast of important issues relating to loan portfolio
- Appropriately initiating loan grades and maintaining appropriate loan grading during the term of the credit.
- Monitoring and approving monthly construction draws.
- Completing required annual compliance and other trainings.
- Representing CLI and Wells Fargo at industry events and conferences
- Working closely with OM to target high potential, high probability business opportunities
Team members support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Location: Washington, DC; Charlotte, NC & Philadelphia, PA
- 2+ years of account relationship or credit analyst experience; or successful completion of Wells Fargo Wholesale Credit Management Training Program
- Intermediate Microsoft Office skills
- Ability to navigate multiple computer systems, applications, and utilize search tools to find information
- Strong analytical skills including the ability to analyze financial metrics
- Strong technical/computer skills to maintain various models, and handle multiple ad hoc requests
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to interact with all levels of an organization
Other Desired Qualifications
- Balance sheet lending experience
- Knowledge and understanding of the Low Income Housing Tax Credit (LIHTC) program
- Sales or business development experience
- Real estate finance experience
- A BS/BA degree or higher
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Ability to travel up to 20% of the time
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
- Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
- Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.