Pennrose is an industry leader in the development and management of Affordable Housing. We are excited to be hiring for a Manager of Supportive Services for our Pennrose communities.
The Manager of Supportive Services will assist in leading Pennrose Management Company’s (PMC’s) efforts to provide effective and meaningful supportive service initiatives and programs to the individuals that reside in our Pennrose communities. The Manager of Supportive Services will be responsible for directly supervising all on-site Supportive Service Coordinators to ensure that all supportive services programs are in compliance with all state and federal agency requirements and will support all employees or 3rd party providers who are responsible for the delivery of Supportive Services within our Pennrose portfolio.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Directly supervise and provide coaching, counseling, and feedback to assigned Supportive Service Coordinators.
• Coordinates the implementation of supportive service plans and the delivery of needed and appropriate services at all assigned properties.
• Evaluate staff in the delivery of supportive services and provide regular on-site assistance and support to all Supportive Services team members.
• Responsible for continued professional development as well as the continued professional growth of supervised employees.
• Identify, develop, and maintain networks of existing community based supportive and social service agencies for all properties and disseminate information to site managers and supportive services staff.
• Assist in the development of supportive service plans for sites under development as part of the funding application process, to include securing the assistance of existing community based supportive and social agencies in the delivery of services.
• Monitor and meet reporting requirements with all applicable funding sources including submission of monthly reports and annual plans to assure compliance.
• Provide training and support to all staff on supportive service roles and responsibilities.
• Improve knowledge and skills through participation in training sessions, service coordinator trainings and forums, and other professional development opportunities.
Required Education & Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in Social Service or related field.
• Five to six years of experience in Social Service field within a multi-family housing environment.
• Requires a valid driver’s license, an insured vehicle, and the ability to travel regularly (between properties, on-call emergencies, training, etc.)
For additional information and to apply, please visit our website at http://www.pennrose.com
Pennrose is an Equal Opportunity Employer