13 days agoRequisition ID: 1326APPLYTO DEVELOPMENT ASSOCIATE
If you are fully vaccinated and looking for a great employment opportunity, Housing Development Corporation MidAtlantic (HDC) is currently seeking a Development Associate for the home office in Lancaster, PA.
HDC MidAtlantic envisions a world where a safe, welcoming, affordable place to call home is open to everyone. We believe home shouldn’t be an impossible dream; it should be an attainable reality. We are resident advocates, trusted developers, property managers, community partners, and collaborators. We are part of the fabric of our towns and cities, and have been working with our neighbors since 1971 to create real change and meaningful connections. As champions of the greater good, we are committed to advancing equity, we open the door to opportunities, and we build homes that we can all be proud of.
HDC owns and/or manages over 3,000 apartments, providing housing that is safe and affordable to those with lower incomes, focusing on seniors, families, and individuals living with disabilities. Serving nearly 4,000 residents in 55 communities located in urban, suburban, and rural areas across Pennsylvania, Delaware and Maryland, HDC builds hope and opportunity for all residents to reach their full potential by creating, preserving, and strengthening affordable housing communities.
Works with Real Estate Development team to assist with the creation and management of financial models for development projects including new construction, acquisition and preservation deals. Assists Development Officer in overseeing matters relating to new development activities, from initial formulation to completed project. Assists Development Officer in determining a project’s feasibility.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assists the Development Officer and Project Manager with completion of applications for Low-Income Housing Tax Credits, Tax Exempt Bonds, Bank Financing and related financing sources for affordable housing. Assists with contract management including but not limited to making phone calls, obtaining bids, and reviewing documents (appraisals, phase w, market studies, etc.)
- Identifies soft-funding sources to be used as capacity building and/or development sources.
- Writes grants and manages schedules for recurring new grants opportunities.
- Assists with cultivation and management of development project partners.
- Assists Development Officer with planning and directing the steps needed to achieve the closing, construction and start of operation for new communities.
- Monitors development progress
- Assists Real Estate Development Team in preparation and presentation of marketing materials for new projects.
- Willing to manage projects in the absence of lead Project Manager or lead Development Officer.
- Works with development team on the financial feasibility to understand basic project information as it goes through the development process.
- Serve as a liaison and locus of ownership across departments, specifically with asset management, compliance, property management and finance.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Equal Opportunity Employment
We believe in and practice equal opportunity. HDC MidAtlantic is an equal opportunity employer and does not unlawfully discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on the basis of an individual’s race, color, religion, creed, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital status, veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law. This policy applies to all terms, conditions, and privileges of employment, including recruitment, hiring, placement, compensation, promotion, discipline, and termination.
Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion
HDC MidAtlantic is committed to fostering, cultivating, and preserving a culture of diversity and inclusion. We embrace and encourage our employees’ differences in age, color, disability, ethnicity, family or marital status, gender identity or expression, language, national origin, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, veteran status, any other status protected by law and other characteristics that make our employees unique.